Thursday, January 10, 2008

One of the First Picture Books!



Was listening to NPR coming home and the most intereting interview was on.From NPR -"Geraldine Brooks got the idea for her new book, People of the Book: A Novel, while covering the Bosnian war as a foreign correspondent. The book is a fictional account of the Sarajevo Haggadah, a centuries-old manuscript." here is the link to hear an interview.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17759173
I think it was so amazing,because Jewish tradition, did not like any illustrations of God or really people- based on the commandment of no graven images. As an illustrator that truly believes that God gives gifts and the gift he gave me was the ability to draw- I have always pondered the right to depict "Jesus, God and holy things"- all very intersting and I think I will need to read the book Brooks wrote- a fictional account of the books travels. Check out the NPR interview and the one I heard-today on the 10th- not up on their website yet.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment