Thursday, December 17, 2009

Went to the BRB last night


Was at the The Dolores River Brewery last night with friends- nice place to be on a wintery snowy night. We have had so much snow, the crews are making piles of it on the side streets and through the winter it can be an adventure to get into the brew pub.
But once in, it is a warm cheery place- I think in England, they call their pubs- their regular hangouts- their "local" and the DRB is definitely ours. Great pizza, salads, soups in the winter and of course micro beers- though I don't drink 'em- kind of a teatotaller- but Jon likes them- especially their speciality beers- think the one right now is called "Mammoth something" and they only will sell it in the small glasses- because it's proof-  can't see through it- it looks like slug to me.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun pub. I like the logo, looks like a South Pacific tribal greeting (or threat).I like tea but I'm with Jon, and also like dark sludgy beer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of being SNOWED. Last year was one of those and this year we have an early start but nothing like CO. The pub sounds as if it is a warm and friendly place to be with friends.

    Be save in the snow and creep onto the roadways carefully around those huge snowbanks!

    ReplyDelete