Monday, August 09, 2010

NF Monday: Restless Spirit- the Life and Works of Dorothea Lange

I wanted to start participating in "Nonfiction Monday- (blog links over at Mom Inspired Learning this week) featuring bloggers picks of the best of todays Nonfiction which is an exciting market in Publishing at the moment- especially in Children's Publishing and since I just got back from the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators National Conference in LA- I have lots to choose from and so today I pick one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Partridge, at the conference from which I took a great photo research workshop from.
Several years ago, Elizabeth did a book on  Dorothea Lange, a wonderful photographer from the Great Depression that took the most soulful photo's of our country's hardships. Ms. Lange also happened to be Elizabeth's Godmother.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia. Thank you for writing me such a heartfelt comment. I will think about what you said about a new church. At the moment it's all I can do to get out of my pj's. You'd be amazed how many people have written to me with stories like yours. It just makes me so bloomin' sad. Where's God's love in all this? Well I feel like I had a little touch of that from you today. Please don't worry. I will be back in a while, with a new blog name and we can carry on as before. Much love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete