Wednesday, May 25, 2011

SAQA Conference: Golden Gallery Tours

Part of the SAQA conference was a tour of some local textile galleries, including the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, in Golden, Colorado's famous Washington Ave.

Everyone carpooled over from the Brown Palace, except me- since I would be continuing to head North from Golden to my mom's in Loveland, I didn't want to back track. But, oh the sight of such wonderful quilt on display- and the food!! We were all starving and I don't know who, but there was such yummy finger goodies for us to nibble on while we looked at all the lushes quilts!

Here are some of my favorites. Whether abstract or realistic, these quilts all show strong uses of design and color- what takes any work of Art from pleasing to powerful.

Security Blanket #1
Ruth Briggs 
Chromo Study II: Blue and Red
Diedra Adams

Diedra was on the Colorado Artist panel on compiling a body of work and she had some absolutely wonderful abstract quilts, inspired by the rusty sides of train cars and abandoned building!

The Road Less Traveled
Mary Rowen Quinn



Native Faces I
Lea McComas

all I can say is Wow....Actually Double Wow!!



No comments:

Post a Comment