Friday, January 22, 2010

Stuck!

Snowing here again- we are about at two feet on the ground and more coming- Jon slid off the county road last night, well actually he just misgauged the road and got his truck over into the soft snow on the side and slid down, only about a mile from our house. I drove out to rescue him- my little Ford Escape is the best of all the vehicles and since I crawl like a turtle wasn't worried.
No luck digging him out, so we called a friend with a big truck to pull him out, no luck there, the tow rope slipped and came close to the break cable- just what a wife loves to hear!
So left it there to be buried by the snowplows and tried again this morning- with a tow truck- boy do those guys know what they are doing- pulled it out backwards and checked all the cables and bolts- but once we can get to town, we will take into the tire shop and have them look at it too. Everything seems to be fine!
Girls out of school again today- dogs getting restless- I took another picture of the kokopelli, (on side bar),  we have in our front flower garden for comparison, a bad winter he is up to his nose! We are getting there!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad everyone is home and safe. That's some heavy weather you're getting! We've had snow on the ground for a long time, but no huge storms. But you never know what February might bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Wow that is just an amazing photograph and story. I have lived in the snow. . .it is not an easy time to go through a winter. You are tough people for sure!

    Hugs and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Hey I know it's late. . .9:46 to be exact, but we just picked up our mail!!! I just love that calendar. I will hang it with honor!! I am so proud of your work and being published in their calendar is just awesome!!! Congratulations and thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Julia, you have a ton of snow! We had some like that last year along with the ice, but never had the problems Jon had with the truck. I am glad you are all safe and the truck is back at home. Your snow photos are so lovely.

    The calendar is amazing as are you ! Thank you so much. When my next book is out I'll be sure to send the girls a copy. In the meantime, stay safe and warm and close to the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete