Friday, June 01, 2012

IF: Hurry

This week's theme for Illustration Friday's  is "Hurry". Which I was doing up until last Tuesday when I was done with my commitments for the school year. Last weekend Daughter #1 graduated with 35 other students...
many I worked with in Kindergarten!! Some really great, great kids!I can't type any more about that cause I still am getting weepy, something about letting go of this little being that I have been responsible for, for the last eighteen year is now going off into the big bad world......

As a teacher, my school year is also over and hopefully the "hurry" with it!
We ended the year at the Anasazi Heritage Center near Dolores Colorado. The museum is very interactive, very hands on for kids of all ages....
Built decades ago to house the artifacts from the ruins now under water from when the Dolores Canyon was flood to make the McPhee Reservoir, it also has an extensive archive of the Wetherill Family who were the first Whites to enter the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde and one the of the first to try and preserve the ruins from the pot hunters that were destroying them.

After that we head to a cool playground down near the river and played...
And rest....
which after a hurried end to the school season is welcomed! I'm ready for a non-hurried summer of art and writing, what are you ready to dive into this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely diving into the art of summer. Somehow, because my studio hours are stolen between transportation providing for teen social plans, keeping the garden up and vacations, I seem to be surprisingly focused. That said after a refreshing all day studio stint (thanks to Lucy being occupied eleswhere)!

    Congrats on your new grad and enjoy your summer. You aren't anywhere near the fires are you? We are anxious for your state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fires are in the north of the state- actually where I grew up, I spent a lot of time there as a kid- but we also did not get much run off from the snow, so are concerned!

    ReplyDelete